I've been thinking a lot about blogs lately. In particular, I've been thinking about my blog. I feel like my blog should have a purpose. I mean, otherwise, I have just an online personal diary on my hands. I wouldn't mind having a blog about just daily happenings, especially since it becomes harder and harder to keep up with all the important people in my life lately. I know, it sounds crazy, I mean who can't keep up with important people in their lives? Well, it's not the same as an actual phone conversation or face-to-face meeting but it's nice to be able to open a web page and read about what is going in the lives of your loved ones. On the flip side, when I read peoples blogs about cooking, fashion or even celebrity blogs I feel like those blogs have a purpose and that purpose is what keeps them writing. Personally, that's what makes it hard for me to keep up with my blog. Not only for time purposes, but also for the main purpose. Sometimes I have too many things to convey and it's hard to get them out in once concise post. So for now, I'm going to try the blog of top 5 things that I have to say or that happened in that particular day. With that said, lets begin!
1. I'm starting pharmacy school in the fall. I finally made a decision on my career. Add another 4 years of school to my life and I'll have my doctorate...and a ton of debt to follow up on. I think I'm going to have some anxiety about this for the next few years but hopefully I'll still be able to sleep at night.
2. I did p90x with some friends on Friday. Not only was it the first time for me but it was also arm day, which is by far the weakest set of muscles in my body. Today is Sunday and I still can't completely straighten my arms without a wince of pain. That said, it was still an awesome work out. I support p90x. I just have committment issues and probably wouldn't stick with it like you should. Story of my life.
3. I broke my ankle back in December and I'm ALMOST back to my pre-broken ankle running pace and distance. But that's not enough! I really want to go further this time. I went to a running form clinic Saturday morning and they had some really good tips for form. I've been trying to utilize this in my runs and I've really noticed a more efficient stride. Hope this keeps me going further.
4. I am most definitely a junk TV addict. I will watch all the horribly girly movies and TV shows. But I do have some standards. For instance, I can watch Jersey Shore but I can't get in to Jerseylicious. I loooove Pregnant in Heels but I can't really stand Mob Wives. Bethenny Ever After gets me through every week, but any of the Real Housewives series makes me a little nauseous. I am probably the only person who is picky about bad TV...but I can't be, right?
5. I have had this ridiculous craving for homemade chocolate chip cookies. So I made some today, while watching awful TV and it was the best thing ever. I ate about half a dozen and put the rest in the freezer to deter my craving. They are still calling my name from the freezer...buh bye!