Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Break, finally!

So 11 days ago I had some really good intentions. What's that saying again? "The road to hell is paved with good intentions." I believe that is exactly how it goes. Needless to say, after that Friday 11 days ago, any thoughts of free time went out the window. Any time I had a free 30 minutes, I spent them watching an episode of Friends from season 1 that I bought on Amazon to assist with study breaks. I love that show. It's been nice to start from the beginning and I have 8 additional seasons to look forward to! I wonder if they will make it through Pharmacy school with me? I'll probably finish them off before 3rd year at the rate I imagine I'll be going through them. The episodes are the perfect length, not an hour long commitment but 30 minutes of pure enjoyment before back to hitting the grind.

I digress. But NOW I have made it through to the other side!! 5 exams and 2 tough quizzes later. That's right, it's been almost two weeks of straight studying. However, the one thing I did manage to achieve was not ONE but TWO long runs. So I have kept up with my half training. With only two more weekends left, I am starting to get antsy for my first half marathon! The furthest I have gone has been 11 miles, I'm hoping to do 12 the weekend before and then that last mile (13) of the race, I hope will just be run on pure adrenaline. If I can cross at 2:10, I'll be happy with my first half (well, I'll be happy finishing at all!). I all ready want to sign up for another one and focus on speed. For this first one, I have just been fixated on distance since I have never run this far in my life. But if all goes well with this one, then I want to do another one soon-ish. Things to ponder.

In about 3 hours I am getting on a plane to Pittsburgh to visit one of my best friends and enjoy my fall break!  I hope I can get at least 2 or 3 runs in while I'm there but it's a whole different ball game in a hilly area. Yes, I live in flat Charleston, SC. I also need to do hill work, did I mention that? Well, we'll see how this week goes. I'm mainly focusing on RELAXATION! I can't wait for a massage, wine, girl nights, shopping, beautiful fall weather, carving pumpkins and eating yummy food!

Happy Tuesday everyone and Happy Fall Break to me! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment