Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A look back and a glimpse forward

Wow. Done with my first semester of pharmacy school. It may not seem like much to many of you but from where I was to where I am now in just a few months, I feel like I have finally realigned my life on the right track. I've spent so many years trying to figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up, so many years of self reflection over what would be the "right" career for me and what would make me happy in the long run. I can't say I really knew that pharmacy school was it for me right away, I don't think anyone really knows these things. If you're like me, you just hope that you know how to recognize what feels right and what feels wrong and to go for it, no matter what. So, I did just that. I quit my full time job, I moved into my own place (for the first time ever, no roommates), I set a strict budget for myself and some pretty large goals and started pharmacy school at the ripe young age of 28. Self reflection never stops and learning from yourself never does either, but from where I stand right now I can look back and breath a big sigh of relief. I did it. I made the right choice. It feels right and more importantly, I feel right and I can't say I've felt like this in quite a while. On a side note, I still don't like chemistry...I thought that might change, but it hasn't. :-)

Throughout finals, I managed to maintain a pretty steady work out plan. I ordered some running new shoes from an awesome schwaggle deal that I got from active.com. I haven't gotten them in yet, but when I do I plan on a nice run outside to break them in (and a review, of course)! I went for a run on the treadmill this past Friday and ran 3 miles with very mild pain and faster than I've been able to run recently. I went to spin on Saturday and 2 yoga sessions (1 on Sunday and 1 today after my last final!). I have to say, yoga has really been helping my knee. I haven't realized how tight my hamstrings have been from running. Not only that, but I've really been able to calm my mind during finals with some deep breathing. I love efficiency.
In the midst of all the madness. I managed to get my little tree put up. 
Goals on tap for this week?

EVERYTHING I haven't been able to do for the past month! Working out (hopefully with my new shoes), baking, Christmas shopping, errands, CLEANING, hanging out with friends, and anything else I feel like. Hopefully you'll be hearing more from me this week. I have some exciting announcements coming up soon!

Weekly miles: 8 (I finally broke 7!)
Cardio: 1 spin class
stretching: 1 yoga class - counting the one from today for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment